Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, Overdue Post, and Many Changes

Hello few and dedicated readers! I have been absent from blogspot for quite some time now. I suppose that's what happens when life gets crazy and you prioritize your time and effort to other, seemingly more important, things.

First off, it seems that I'll be needing to change the name of this blog. We have a new addition to our shiba family! Yoshi Bear, born 16 November 2009 (just 50 days after Kitsune). It's been a rough transition having two 2 year-old, male shibas together, but I think we've benefited in the long run. I'll post pictures shortly!

We've also MOVED to the great Washington Heights. That's right, the pups are living in the Dominican territory of NYC and loving it. I think they're picking up Spanish quicker than I am.

Daddy Brian moved to a far off land called Flo-Rida, though, and Yoshi Bear and Nene Goose are not too thrilled. I can't say I am, either, but that's the joint military spouse life for ya. They're getting some good ol' Mama time. We love to snug on the bed and keep each other warm. That's what happens when we go all German and keep the windows open despite winter temperatures outside. We should probably get a down comforter. If only they didn't cost $$$

Quick side note from the dogs and their new digs. I've been cooking for myself lately... and successfully! Last night I made an AWESOME Cayenne Pepper-Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa dish.



Clears the sinuses for sure. I think I had the whole apartment coughing from an overload of cayenne in the air. Whatever, it's cold. Suck it up.

Tonight, prepare your minds for Pumpkin Cheddar Mac & Cheese.



Sounds amazing in all its high calorie glory. It's cool, I'm kicking up the P90X with Kerrianne on Thursday so.. you know, I do what I like.

The dogs whine for my food, but they don't get it. They wouldn't appreciate the taste anyway. I don't think they even chew. Food? What? It goes in my belly. That's their thoughts when I present anything other than their Nature's Choice dry lamb meal and rice kibble. Hey, sounds good to me.

Well, pictures will come when I'm not at work (shh) and can access my home computer files. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment